Saturday, February 7, 2015

Beginner Handyman Tips (Continued)

A couple of posts back, I passed on an article on "Tips for the beginner handyman".  Now it's time to add to it with some advice on what Not to do.  While I am an advocate for doing things yourself, I do believe one can get in over his/her head pretty quickly if they aren't prepared or informed.

First of all, the priority should always be safety!  Using the proper PPE can greatly reduce the chance for injury.  Safety glasses seem to be overlooked all the time.  I, myself, took this for granted for several years.  After a few "close calls", it became real to me just how quick something could happen and how much I appreciate my vision.  Nowadays, I make a good habit of keeping my safety glasses around.
 The following video is not mine, but it gives a really good list of things not to do, as well as some good ole' advice.  Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.
CK


No comments:

Post a Comment

10 Safety Tips for Using a Ladder